• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new songs not stored with relative paths
I do try to handle it correctly, believe me. I have added lots of code to try to simplify paths into their canonical form, which should give me the same path in every case. Things are never that simple though. Google does not make it simple to determine if one path is the same thing as another. There is no simple check I can do to say, "does /storage/emulated/0 mean the same thing as /storage/emulated/legacy".  I also tried to avoid hardcoding paths to force replacements of /storage/emulated/legacy with /storage/emulated/0 as it did not seem like the right thing to do. I believe newer Android OS versions handle this more gracefully. Direct access is no longer possible to anything but /storage/emulated/0, and there is no /storage/emulated/legacy. So the possibility of having conflicting paths like that on newer Android versions is no longer an issue. 

Let me ask this - how are you getting into the scenario where you are selecting files from /storage/emulated/legacy? Can you just ensure you are always adding files from /storage/emulated/0? What storage location is listed under Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location? Can you ensure that path is set to /storage/emulated/0?

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: new songs not stored with relative paths - by Zubersoft - 03-29-2019, 02:57 PM