• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP doesn't show up as an app when I want to share screen in Zoom and ManyCam
Hi Mike and all, 

I'm not sure of the correct terminology for the problem I'm having and there are two parts to my question, one regarding ManyCam and one regarding Zoom. I teach some of my piano lessons online, using Zoom video conferencing, on my Surface Pro 6. I use ManyCam webcam splitting software and have two webcams set up to show different views of the piano and I have MSP running as well. In the course of the lesson I occasionally need to swap to screen share to show the student the score we are working on, so that s/he can see where I'm adding fingerings or other annotations and can make any appropriate markings on their own music score.

Here's the Zoom part of the question: 
When I select 'share screen' in Zoom, all of the apps/windows I have open are supposed to appear for me to select the one I want to share. Even though MSP is open, it doesn't appear as an option for me to click on to share. I can work around this by choosing the main screen, and then using alt-tab to switch to MSP, but it comes with a couple of other minor inconveniences which waste time in the lesson.
Here's a screen shot showing the apps I have open, minus MSP, which is definitely open on my Surface.  

I have the same sort of issue with ManyCam. 
I should be able to add any app I have open as a 'source' instead of a webcam. What I would love to do is have a split screen in ManyCam (which would then appear in Zoom) and have one source showing my piano keyboard at the bottom of the screen and the top half of the screen showing MSP. As I annotate the MSP file, my student will be able to see what I write, and I can easily demonstrate on the keyboard, without wasting time switching to screen share and back again. 

Here are the instructions from the ManyCam help files:
With the App Window option, you can simply capture the desired application window.
The selected app will be captured and used as a video source in ManyCam. Other apps will not be captured when they appear in the foreground of the selected app.

When I click on the App Window option, every other app I have open is listed, but not MSP. The dialogue boxes don't show up in a screen shot, so I've taken a photo on my phone, which I've attached. I hope you can read it. 

I also make short teaching videos for teaching theory; at the moment I have to make two recordings - one of my demonstration on the keyboard and the other of the screen recording of my writing theory examples on a blank manuscript MSP file, and then I edit them together in a video editing program. This is hugely time consuming. To be able to capture the MSP app and the keyboard at the same time would take less than a quarter of the time I currently need. I've attached a screen shot of one of these theory videos. 

I'm not sure whether I've been clear enough, so please feel free to ask me to explain more :-)

Thanks for any suggestions you might have. 
Bee
Microsoft W10 Surface Pro 7 

Messages In This Thread
MSP doesn't show up as an app when I want to share screen in Zoom and ManyCam - by Bee - 05-10-2019, 10:34 PM