• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes Field Not Displaying Properly
When I just tried to copy from a Wikipedia article, there were very few line endings at all. Each section of text was just one long line. You can verify this by pasting the text into a text editor that doesn't have line wrapping on. For example, open notepad, turn off Format->Word Wrap, then paste in the wikipedia text. You will see how very long each line is. So the issue most likely has to do with text wrapping. MobileSheets is attempting to resize the text to fit the window, and this logic is being messed up by the fact that the sentences are extremely long. If I changed MobileSheets not to resize the text to fit and let the line wrapping work like normal, if you pasted a lot of lines of text, MobileSheets wouldn't be able to display it all because there is no concept of vertical scrolling text with the notes popup window. So the only way to have it both ways (i.e. let text wrap but also support lots of text that the user has entered) I would need to display a modal dialog instead of a popup. You would then have to tap either on an OK button or outside the window to dismiss it, but the window itself would have a scrollable text component in it. I can look into making this change, but it does mean that users would have to know to tap outside the notes window instead of on top of it.

Mike

Update:

I enabled text wrapping on the component that displays the text and it works much better now. It no longer shrinks the text down to a ridiculously small size. So I think you'll be happier once the next update is released.

Messages In This Thread
Notes Field Not Displaying Properly - by Scherzo - 05-23-2019, 03:20 AM
RE: Notes Field Not Displaying Properly - by Zubersoft - 05-23-2019, 06:14 AM