• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-Scrolling AND foot pedals working simultaneously?
Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for this thoughtful and thorough explanation! I can very well imagine your efforts not to interfere with done work of other people that use your app long since!

But the very fact that it took them so long to set up the timings shows me that the basic approach - to depend on the precise pre-emptive setting of a song - might somehow be sub-optimal. I should add that I am just a hobby player who tries, now and then, new pieces thrown into the ring from fellow hobby musicians in small living room formations. And we tend to play our pieces with varying velocity, e.g. to incorporate new, less experienced members in our playing group, or to speed up a so far known piece. But exactly in these situations it is very helpful not to have to be very precise but flexible. And my suggestion is going into that direction.

Quote:What I can look into doing in the future is to add one more step - after the automatic scrolling is stopped, the pedal initiates the scroll and the scroll animation has completed, then I could invoke the automatic scrolling again (which would recalculate the amount to scroll) but it would skip the pause before starting.

This would completely satisfy my requirements! With a full score page of "time padding" some tenths of a second do not break the flexibility-oriented approach.

Your concern about "Scroll entire score in fixed duration" is certainly valid, but if this setting is chosen you might, with a very good reason, rule out the option of intermediate pedal using, IMHO. In that case the interference with the pedal would make absolutely no sense.

In any case, thanks for considering to support my request!

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto-Scrolling AND foot pedals working simultaneously? - by Petra-Kathi - 06-03-2019, 05:29 AM