• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-Scrolling AND foot pedals working simultaneously?
I tested Skip's suggestion yesterday: I set the two pedals to "scroll back or turn page" and "start/stop auto-scroll", and it worked - mostly. For pieces with just short repetitions the sheets were manageable for me. Large repetition jumps or quite confusing "cross-country" jumps in the sheets led to complete disorientation. It seems clear now that such pieces need pro-active preparation by page ordering and section cutting to get a clean march through the sheets. But this is a task not easily met "just now" by a relative new-comer to MSP. But I just didn't know in advance which pieces we would play, and my list is too long to have all set in an anticipatory manner. Rolleyes

I found it interesting to see the coping experience which seems to be better for the chosen pedal setting compared to the former test one ("deliberate manual scroll up", "deliberate manual scroll down"). 

Experience shows that it might be wise to have more pedals: "start/stop autoscroll", "one page back", "back to last link point", "back to top". With presumably the middle ones to be unified.

Anyway, thanks for the idea of pedal setting!

Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto-Scrolling AND foot pedals working simultaneously? - by Petra-Kathi - 06-06-2019, 10:27 PM