• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-Scrolling AND foot pedals working simultaneously?
The way scrolling works at the moment is that the application scrolls in chunks, and a chunk could be either an entire page or a portion of a page. For each chunk, the application figures out how long it will take to scroll the required number of pixels with the current scroll speed, and then sends the scroll command over to the display adapter which actually moves the music on the page. The automatic scrolling controller then waits until the display adapter says it's done scrolling the requested amount. So the problem is that, if adjustments are made to the scrolling speed with a pedal in the middle of the scroll, I can't easily adjust both the display adapter and the controller at the same time as all of the calculations were based on the initial number of pixels to scroll and the scroll speed at that time. So I think the way this will need to work is the scrolling will have to be stopped and then immediately restarted with a new scroll speed. This would obviously skip all the normal delays when scrolling is started. I will have to test to see how smooth this is if the scroll speed is adjusted multiple times in a row.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto-Scrolling AND foot pedals working simultaneously? - by Zubersoft - 11-10-2019, 05:04 PM