• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't import local file
---- CLIPPED -----
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 9:21:22 AM
To: J Leggett
Subject: Re: MobileSheets Support Request - Can't import local file

Hello John,
I loaded MobileSheets using your database and everything came up fine. I then went to Import->Local File, picked a .txt file on my C: drive, and imported it. I didn't encounter any problems and the file imported without issue. So the next thing I would like you to do is to zip up all the xml files in the same directory as mobilesheets.db and send those to me. Then I can test using your same exact settings and see if maybe it's related to something like the "Auto-Size Font" setting under Settings->Text File Setttings. You could try turning that off and see if that is part of the problem. If so, I'll need to figure out how to reproduce the problem on my machine.
Thanks,
Mike
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 9:54 AM J Leggett  wrote:
Mike-
I tried disabling the Auto Text feature as you suggested and the Import Local File now works flawlessly!  Thanks for that tip.  If you’d still want the bundle of files sent to you to reproduce the issue, let me know. Otherwise, I’m a happy camper.
Thanks again for the support and a great app.
John L.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Sat 6/29/2019 11:39 AM

John,

I think I'm good to go now as I located and fixed the problem. The fix will be included with the next update.

Best regards,
Mike
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sun, April 26, 2020

Mike-
I hate to bring up this subject again but I updated to V2.9.5 and the import problem is back.  Import of local txt file shuts down the app after identifying file to import.  I never even get to click "OK" before the hourglass spins and then the app closes.

So I backed up the db, uninstalled and reinstalled v 2.9.5 then restored the db. Turned off the Auto-Size Font Text File Setting which fixed the problem before, but local txt file import still crashes.  So I Reset All Settings to default using Other Settings. Now local txt file import works.

Restored db a second time including settings; problem still persists.

Any suggestions as to which settings may be causing the issue this time, so that I don't lose all my settings or have to recreate them?
Best Regards,
John L.

Messages In This Thread
Can't import local file - by pklhead2 - 06-27-2019, 08:35 AM
RE: Can't import local file - by Zubersoft - 06-27-2019, 10:34 AM
RE: Can't import local file - by pklhead2 - 06-27-2019, 01:18 PM
RE: Can't import local file - by pklhead2 - 06-27-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: Can't import local file - by pklhead2 - 06-27-2019, 01:57 PM
RE: Can't import local file - by pklhead2 - 04-27-2020, 03:45 PM
RE: Can't import local file - by Zubersoft - 04-27-2020, 04:52 PM