• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fast action to Toggle Orientation, circumventing a long tap sequence
Without an orientation sensor on my e-ink Max2 Pro, in order to switch between portrait and landscape viewing I must manually set the orientation lock. Using the settings screen or the overlay popup menu this takes around 5 taps. Typically using Single Page mode in Portrait and Two Page in landscape, sometimes I would love the ability to quickly switch my tablet orientation between songs or for a particular song. It might depend on the density, quality, or readability of the score or my current familiarity with it.

It would be very convenient to have an immediate toggle switch between portrait and landscape orientation lock. Typically using a music stand I would switch between landscape and flipped portrait, but the switch might rotate thru, or have a setting to choose between which 2 of, the 4 orientations (+/-portrait, +/-flipped). Perhaps this instant toggle/switch could be provided as an option for a pedal action, screen touch zone, 2/3 finger tap, quick action box (setlist window button), or floating toolbar?
Or convince Onyx Boox to (retroactively?) incorporate an accelerometer into their tablets.

Messages In This Thread
fast action to Toggle Orientation, circumventing a long tap sequence - by mike golding - 07-24-2019, 12:09 PM