• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fast action to Toggle Orientation, circumventing a long tap sequence
A toggle between portrait and landscape in the quick action box would be perfect. After all, quick action is what it's about. When this function exists, some might like it also available to be assigned as a pedal or touch action, but the quick action box seems to make the most sense. Currently the 4 buttons neatly arranged around the center one are not programmable, except for the setlist window button. That could be used for the orientation toggle, but then that would no longer be available for setlist functions. Perhaps you're thinking of expanding the quick action box to accommodate more quick actions.

Cycling through the different locks instead of a simple toggle would be general, and the extra taps would not slow you down much because the taps would be in the same spot. But typically I know which 2 of the 4 orientations I want to repeatedly switch between (landscape and flipped portrait in my case). So I would prefer an instant toggle instead of having to pay attention to which of the 4 locks I want to choose. Of course that would require more work implementing another choice setting. None of this would be necessary if only all tablets and an orientation sensor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: fast action to Toggle Orientation, circumventing a long tap sequence - by mike golding - 07-26-2019, 02:42 AM