• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have I done? (unordered managed setlist?)
(07-25-2019, 03:40 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can add those suggestions to the list of enhancements to tackle in future updates. One question: if the new sort mode is basically a descending sort based upon the most recently played songs, then it wouldn't be possible to manually sort it.  Is this a problem or do you not really care how the list is originally sorted? 

Thanks,
Mike
What I'm proposing is simply another sort method available in the sorting menu. Useful for setlists and probably any collection or metadata group, but not the big Songs tab and obviously not the Recent tab. Not a new type of collection or use of a filtering scheme. Take any list of songs however it may be sorted, and select this new sorting option listed on the sort menu after Manual, A-Z, etc. Keep it that way for as long as desired, and then go back to whatever other sort method you like.

This sort option is different in that new songs would be added at the top, and songs after being displayed (and presumably played) get moved to the bottom. Now you can easily see what songs were played so far and which have not yet. You could interrupt the session if you like to go to a manual sort to do a reorder, and maybe go back to LRU sorting. Or return to A-Z sorting when you're done.

The notion is of an unordered list that you choose songs from but not pre-meditatively. Say on a gig someone asks to hear a lot of Gershwin songs, or you want to sample all of your Bach pieces, or whatever genre. Now you wouldn't have to keep track of what you already played. Or say a listener asks you "what was that piece you were playing I first came in?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have I done? (unordered managed setlist?) - by mike golding - 07-26-2019, 06:24 AM