• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding audio files - adds two copies
Thanks for the quick response. My tablet is a GT-N8010 (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012)) running Android 4.4.2. I have a newer tablet, but I like using this one for all my music-related apps as I can take it to gigs without worrying too much about it being broken/stolen.

I created a simple library with one song (single page PDF) and an attached audio file (attached with FM+ and then deleting one copy Smile ), backed it up to my PC then extracted the song. In this case, the audio file was correctly restored along with the PDF.

I then tried a library with just one song, but taken from a multi-page PDF. When I pointed the new song to the PDF file, it took ages to autocrop all the pages in the file (my normal library was created by importing a CSV that indexed the same PDF file and I don't recall it spending any time cropping pages at all). However, taking a backup and extracting it once again created both the PDF and the audio file, so it doesn't appear to be related to having a large PDF.

Do you have any other suggestions I can try?

Storing just one copy of the large PDF is, of course, the best solution. One improvement to the extraction process would be to just extract the specific page(s) linked by a song, but that would mean incorporating PDF manipulation code, of course, which you may not want to do.

Messages In This Thread
Adding audio files - adds two copies - by raichea - 08-20-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Adding audio files - adds two copies - by raichea - 08-20-2019, 07:02 AM