• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating classical library sorted by composer
If you check "Populate Metadata from Directories", set it to "%COMPOSERS%", then select /sdcard/Scores as the batch import folder, it should assign the composer correctly to every song that is created. As mentioned by Andy, if you go to Settings->Library Settings->Tab Order, you can enable the composers tab. Then you can view your songs categorized by composer. If you are entering values in the composer field during the import, that field should absolutely be populated. If it's not, that would definitely be a bug and I can look into it immediately. At the moment, you can rename the "Custom Group" to fit your needs, and you can change the tabs that are shown. Beyond that, I know there are some users that desire other options for controlling the names of things in the app, but it's not a simple thing when translations are done for 12+ languages. I'm always open to adding new options or features if they are going to be of huge benefit to a specific group of users so long as it doesn't negatively impact other users or require enormous of efforts for little gain.  If the default list of tabs is not useful to you, what list of tabs would you like to be the default for a classical pianist? One thing I was thinking of today is that it might be nice if a tab is long pressed for an option to come up that allows the tabs to be selected and ordered. That would probably be more intuitive to users, as most people don't seem to think to look in the settings for that.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating classical library sorted by composer - by Zubersoft - 08-23-2019, 10:02 AM