• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP does not recognize Korg Pa4x anymore
(10-28-2019, 04:46 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm sorry to hear you are suddenly running into these issues Henk. Do you happen to know what version of MobileSheets you were running before the reinstall? It would help to know if you were on the latest (v2.7.4). If you installed the same version that was working previously, this would certainly be a mystery. If there were different versions involved, we could run some tests with an older version to see if something has changed that is causing your device to no longer be recognized.  I don't really have a lot of insight into what's happening under the covers with Microsoft's MIDI library (it's currently the only library available for UWP apps, so I hope this changes in the near future), so it's hard to say why it's not detecting your keyboard. It sounds like you've really covered all the things I would have recommended trying. Do you have a MIDI HUB you could try routing the Pa4x through so that MobileSheets is instead connecting to the HUB?

Mike
Thank you for help, Mike. I'm sorry i cannot recollect the version of MSP that was on the PC Stick before i reinstalled Windows. I'm sure it must have been the latest version 2.7.4 because i play every evening and everytime you send us an update i will install that. I'm now using MSP on my laptop, on which i'm running a 64 bit Windows install.
The PC Stick is a 32 bit Windows 10 install. To my regret i don't have a midi Hub.

As i mentioned before, strangely the Behringer X-touch mini (midi compliant) is been recognized as a midi device by MSP, the Korg isn't. Though, on my laptop it is ! There must be some issue between the PC Stick, MSP and the Pa4x.

So, for now, i'm using MSP on my HP Envy x360 15 inch with an external screen (in portrait mode) connected. That works fine too.

Henk

Messages In This Thread
RE: MSP does not recognize Korg Pa4x anymore - by Henk Velkers - 10-29-2019, 05:23 AM