• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple small PDFs or Index
For ease of use, you need a MSP entry per song (this allows you to put it in set lists etc)

As you are using Real Books, which never change, I suggest you use the CSV method. This will create MSP entries for you and there is no need to muck about with keeping separate index files (other than the initial CSV file)

The CSV format is quite pernickety so I suggest you look at the one of the CSV files in this thread https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...php?fid=29 to see how it is formatted.

It is quite difficult to get the CSV file right so I it is a good idea to initially put each book in it's own collection (this just requires another field in the CSV). Doing this makes it easy to delete the collection and reimport a new version of the CSV and Real Book (otherwise you have to manually select all the songs in the book so that you can delete them before re-importing).When you are happy that the CSV file is working ok, you can easily move them out of the collection (if you don't want them to be in their own collection.)

If you are using composite books that are liable to change then I prefer splitting the file into separate songs. This saves effort having to rework the CSV each time the book changes. It also means that any annotations that you make stay on the correct song!

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Multiple small PDFs or Index - by armin - 01-15-2020, 06:57 AM
RE: Multiple small PDFs or Index - by Geoff Bacon - 01-15-2020, 09:19 AM
RE: Multiple small PDFs or Index - by itsme - 01-15-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Multiple small PDFs or Index - by armin - 02-01-2020, 04:59 PM