• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI tweaking - audio player in particular
For me , MS has made huge steps forward in the last 3 years since I started to use it on windows. Sometimes I think there are almost too many features in there, but then its good to know there are there. Some features could benefit from small UI changes and let me take the audio player as an example. Lately I started to use the audio player more and more. The audio quality with respect to speed and pitch changes is excellent imho. Sometimes I even create a fake song in MS just to practice with a particular audio track! There is this dialog box to change speed or pitch. One can enter a number or press the +/- buttons to change the value. This is fine. However to apply the setting one has to press OK in addition and the box closes afterwards. For me it makes much more sense to apply the new value right away and then have the user decide if he wants to keep the setting with the OK, Cancel buttons. Also some means of resetting the value to default (1) would be useful. Another thing is the rewind button (|<). It works as a 'start of playlist' . I rarely have more than 1 track for a song so it does nothing for me. Now I have to press stop and playback again to restart the track.  Why not making it a 'go to beginning of track' in this case? Or make an option so that the function can be set? 

I would appreciate if the development of MS is focussed even more on such small usability things 
Klaus

Messages In This Thread
UI tweaking - audio player in particular - by ks002 - 01-19-2020, 08:47 PM