• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Receive commands and triggers
This is a bit of a "Looking for details/am I just missing something" Multi part question on MIDI commands in MSP. 

1. Is there a way to have an incoming MIDI command trigger going to a specific page in a song, or even better a specific song and page in a setlist? I already have my setup triggering "Next Page" via MIDI from Ableton Live, but I would like to be able to set my Ableton trigger to always go to a specific page when executed.

2. This is a bit of a reverse option for above. I know I can program Smart Buttons to send MIDI commands, and then program a pedal or key to "Activate Next Smart Button" but is there a way I can program a pedal to advance through smart buttons then turn the page, and continue advancing through smart buttons. For example I have 10 patch changes on a page with a smart button for each change, can I click through each button then on the 11th click turn the page?

3. Is there a way to copy MIDI commands into new smart buttons, If I have the same patch recurring 10 times in a song It would be much easier to create a new smart button from an existing to not have to re-enter the same command info.

4. Is there a way to move a smart button after is has been placed? I have tried everything I can think of, I can resize it but once the button in on the page I can't figure out how to move it. 

-Erik

Messages In This Thread
MIDI Receive commands and triggers - by eaaronhorsham - 01-27-2020, 10:49 AM