• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting artists
(01-28-2020, 02:59 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Just checking: Are you using the "ADVANCED SONG TITLE FORMATTING" method (page 18 in the manual) or are you just manually entering the artist etc in the name of the song?

Cheers
Geoff

Hi Geoff and Mike,

I should have left the two things separated. I just mentioned that I'm enriching the library title by the song ID. Yes, I do it by advanced formatting (p. 18f in the manual). No need to do it manually.

The other thing (and linked to it) is, that I decided to put not only the performing artists into the artists field, but to use it also for the name of the arranger (well, could have put it into the album field, though - but that's for different things: publishing units). I put the arrangers into brackets to just separate them from the performers. But I don't have any idea how to get them sorted in that row: "most important musician, less important musician, (Arr.: arranger)" if I'm using comma separated entries (tags) that can be checked and uncheck each from the artists list.

As far as I understood you, Mike, there is no way to sort those entries (not in the artists list, but in the subtitle - which I adapted by advanced formatting, too).

At the moment, one collection in my library looks as follows:

Hey Jude (Piano) [Nr. 2]
Beatles, (Arr. J. Berry) - - Pop Ballad
-----------------------------------------------
Downtown (Piano-Direktion) [Nr. 30]
(Arr. E. da Rold) - -
-----------------------------------------------
Can you feel the love tonight (Piano) [Nr. 33]
(Arr. J. Nowak), Film "König der Löwen" - - Very slow

where the entries are comma separated multiple values in one Artists field and the formatting is:
%TITLE% [Nr. %SONG_ID%]
%ARTISTS% - %ALBUMS% - %GENRES%

As you can see, I use the fields 'more or less' close to their intended use. So that I know a bit how to play an item when the band leader or someone else says: "That song inserted next, please!"

But that's not the point: I couldn't find a way to always have the arranger at the end, at least not by checking them last from the artists tag list. But as I said: It's not so important!

Besides: I hope, there will be no problem that I intend to use the song_ID for external references: That means, there will be a number 12 for my big band's repertoire, a number 12 for a song book I often use etc.: maybe one No. 12 in each collection in the end.

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

fziegler
2x Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e with Android 11 / UI One 3.1 - AirTurn BT-200

Messages In This Thread
Sorting artists - by fziegler - 01-27-2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Sorting artists - by Zubersoft - 01-28-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Sorting artists - by Geoff Bacon - 01-28-2020, 02:59 AM
RE: Sorting artists - by fziegler - 01-28-2020, 03:22 AM
RE: Sorting artists - by itsme - 01-28-2020, 09:00 PM
RE: Sorting artists - by Zubersoft - 01-29-2020, 02:26 AM
RE: Sorting artists - by fziegler - 01-29-2020, 06:25 AM
RE: Sorting artists - by BRX - 01-29-2020, 05:04 AM