• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allowing the .DB file to reside elsewhere
(03-03-2020, 02:16 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I cannot move the mobilesheets database file. The SQLite library does not support this due to UWP file permission restrictions. I can link to the github for the SQLite library if you'd like, as other developers have brought up this limitation as well, and addressing this is not a high priority for the SQLite team as there aren't that many UWP applications. 

I have considered adding an option to allow the database file to be copied to the storage location upon exiting the app (assuming a non-default location is used).  I'm not going to add a feature to create a full library backup upon exiting, as that can take hours with larger libraries. I may add a periodic prompt to remind users to create library backups though.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. I realize this is my first experience with a UWP app and I'm just beginning to realize how many constraints are put on the developer as compared to a normal Windows application.

Does the .db file contain all the data that resides in the .PDFs in the library? IOW, if I have my library on my routinely backed-up data drive and I separately back up your .db file (via your backup routine), am I backing up almost twice the megabytes? I do understand that there's stuff in the User directories that is not in the "library" and therefore can only be backed up through your routine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allowing the .DB file to reside elsewhere - by KHS - 03-03-2020, 04:58 PM