• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interruption Windows 10 Notifications (& Cortana)
Just took a rest last night to load a PDF and play through the book using just swipes for page-turning (Surface Pro 7 portrait mode). At least 5 times over the course of my hour, the Win10 notifications window (which obscures the right 1/3 of the screen in portrait mode) opens and stops my playing while I figure out how to swipe it away. I recall when I first detached my type cover, Cortana opened that window and said something incomprehensible about "I'll keep this out of your way while you're in full-screen mode" but then gave me 2 choices, neither of which were clear. Did I choose the wrong one? I remember one of them (probably the one I chose) was "Turn this off now"--but that depends upon the meaning of the word "this!" I thought I was turning off "this" notifications window, but maybe I was turning off "this" Cortana assistance in not interrupting me? It did not give me the choice "Banish Cortana from my life--send her away forever!" Please help.

Messages In This Thread
interruption Windows 10 Notifications (& Cortana) - by KHS - 03-08-2020, 03:21 AM