• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome position
Hi Mike.

Many thanks for the recent changes to the metronome; the moving highlighted beat is much easier to use/follow.

For my pdf songs, the top line is, unsurprisingly, used for the song title.
This is usually formatted as 22 or 24 point  Comic Sans MS.
The second line is typically blank (16'ish pt) to provide some spacing from the chords/lyrics

The songs are set to start the metronome as soon as it the song is displayed.

When using automatic cropping, this means that, on 4/4 time for example, the title is typically totally unreadable.
I could get around this by modifying the crop to have more white space before the title but this is possibly going to slightly reduce the scaling of the displayed page.

As a work around, I currently remove all white space above the title; the metronome still overlaps the title but it is at least readable.

Both these methods mean that I can't use automatic crop.

Any chance that the metronome could be dropped slightly so that it doesn't obscure the title? (possibly use a setting for the y offset so that users can adjust to suit their typical song layout).

A better alternative would be to allow the user to create/maintain several metronome "positions" and select the one to use on a particular song from a dropdown list.

Another possibility is that the user could simply drag the metronome to the required position (but it is in the overlay plane, so this would really only be applicable if the top of the page is being displayed and/or scrolling hadn't been initiated)

Not high priority, would just make it more usable.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Metronome position - by Geoff Bacon - 03-18-2020, 03:32 AM
RE: Metronome position - by Zubersoft - 03-18-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: Metronome position - by Geoff Bacon - 03-18-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Metronome position - by Zubersoft - 08-02-2020, 05:15 PM