• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
checkmarks gone when switching applications
Looking at my code, it looks like I end the selection mode when the app is suspended. So I'll just remove that line of code so that this issue doesn't occur in the future. As far as your question, Windows will suspend any UWP application that is in the background if it decides it needs to (either to conserve battery life or other resources) when the device is running in tablet mode or if the app is in fullscreen mode and is then put in the background. It can then even kill the app in the background if it decides it needs to (although you shouldn't run into this with normal usage). There are some settings you can adjust for this in the battery settings (you can choose for each application whether it's allowed to run in the background, but this doesn't guarantee Windows will honor it). I've done everything I can in the code to try to keep the app alive if Windows suspends it. I can't interfere with alt+tabbing in any way (otherwise malicious apps could prevent you from exiting the application).

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: checkmarks gone when switching applications - by Zubersoft - 04-21-2020, 04:24 PM