• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing e-Ink version of MSPro on Onyx Note 2
I'm beginning to make use of the Onyx Note 2 e-reader with MSP, and it does the main thing I want it to do - make the MSP pages clearly visible in bright daylight, when a conventional tablet is almost impossible to read. 

A couple of things need familiarity to enable me to find my way round the relevant settings.  E,g., a swift screen swipe doesn't move the screen through the library contents page as quickly and smoothly as on the old tablet.  A similar swipe down the column of initial letters is also rather faltering and less responsive. The Bluetooth page-turning pedal operates slightly slower than formerly, which takes getting used to.  Something I really need to check is that the screen seems to revert to 'time-expired' mode while a tune page is being displayed, which the tablet-based MSP is programmed not to do.  Maybe things like this can be adjusted: I don't yet know. 

So first impressions (bearing in mind I'm not very technically adept) are that I need to find out more about which facilities and settings are Onyx-based and which are managed through MSP.  I don't find that distinguishing between them and navigating through and between the options are simple and intuitive (at least, for the likes of me).  I dare say spending more time with it, and keeping the lid on my frustration at times, will iron out some wrinkles.  It doesn't help that the Onyx manual is mostly about managing collections of e-books - which is not what I want it for - and the translation wasn't proof-read by someone whose first language is English. 

Still, it''s clear to read, which is a Good Thing, and does the useful things that I've been doing with MSP on a tablet -  storing, displaying, and managing a large collection of tunes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing e-Ink version of MSPro on Onyx Note 2 - by bazza - 06-21-2020, 03:50 AM