• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
Thank you Martin. I don't see the issue with the line being drawn to the right of the pointer. Is that happening with every song you test with? 

I'll review the smoothing algorithm when "minor" is selected - it's identical to what is used with the current (non-beta) version of MobileSheets, so I'm not sure why you would be seeing this issue only in the beta (unless it also existed in the previous version). I think it does do some work to remove redundant points, but this should have no impact on what is drawn, as it's looking for situations where the slope between multiple points is identical, meaning you only need the first and last point. I do use quadratic beziers when "minor" is selected. I use cubic beziers when the normal smoothing is active, which drastically reduces the point count and provides better performance with lower memory usage. Not everything maps to cubic beziers well though, so I can understand if the smoothing is undesired for some types of drawings, but when writing words, I often find that the smoothed out points look better.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Arrow svg files - by DonC - 10-22-2020, 06:48 AM
RE: Arrow svg files - by Cmart - 10-22-2020, 06:03 PM
RE: Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality - by Zubersoft - 11-09-2020, 04:26 PM