• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSV file format
MobileSheetsPro will handle UTF-8, UTF-16BE and UTF-16LE. It strips the bom marker at the beginning. I don't support UTF-32 as I've never a used a file with that encoding, I'm not sure if the open source libraries I'm using properly support that and the tool I use to edit files (Notepad++) doesn't have a way to convert files to that encoding. 

MobileSheetsPro will accept any character after "title" as the delimiter. Anything goes.

MobileSheetsPro does accept double quotes to surround fields. I do not support a doubled double-quote though. That is something I would need to add support for.

I split any field using '|', so if a multi-valued field contains a '|', whatever is listed is going to be split into multiple parts. That is how you can specify multiple genres, artists, albums, etc.

I'm pretty close to being fully compliant with RFC 4180. I don't preserve white space at the start or end of values though (I trim them as I didn't see the value in leaving white space there). Perhaps this is wrong and I should always honor whatever white space is specified. 

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
CSV file format - by sciurius - 08-17-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: CSV file format - by Zubersoft - 08-18-2020, 02:49 AM
RE: CSV file format - by sciurius - 08-18-2020, 04:41 AM