• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Recommendations for Windows 10 computer to run MSP?
Hi.  I'm new to the forum, but I've been using MSP for 4 or 5 years.  I play sax in a (volunteer) big band and do (or did before Covid) gigs at wedding receptions and old folks homes.  I also play with a church worship team.

Some of the scores I have look like they were hand written by Benny Goodman or Tommy Dorsey themselves and displaying them on a 10" android screen is becoming more difficult every year.  Go figure!

I've also been having problems with my AirTouch pedals, so I thought I'd upgrade to a 2 in 1.  Should be much easier to see and maybe that will also solve my page turning problems.

So there are a lot of options and I finally got my cash together.  One of them was running Windows 10 in S mode.  Anybody know what that is?  Is it compatible with MSP?

I've briefly browsed the forum looking for information that would help me avoid problematic computers and hopefully get the best one.

I don't have the money to get this wrong!

I have noted that the Admin has a Surface Pro 4 so I'm assuming all the bugs are worked out for that unit.  :-)

Then there's the stuff you can't know till you do it.  What is going to surprise me when I make the switch?

What accessories might I need to keep this thing safely on a stand?  etc.

Any comments or input will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

Messages In This Thread
Recommendations for Windows 10 computer to run MSP? - by ZuperDave - 09-09-2020, 01:17 AM