• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touching center of screen doesn't bring up menu bar
(10-13-2020, 08:13 AM)Skip Wrote: Making the performance mode non persistent between computer startups may help also..

In this case it would be good to have an option in the settings to avoid this so I can disable it.

Performance mode is the crucial feature for performers.
I manage small classical chamber ensemble and I own all tablets which we use for performances. I'm the only person who's preparing library, syncing, edits, setlists etc. Everything.
Most of my colleagues (classical genre) are not used to use digital sheets/tablets while performing. Have a look at symphonic orchestras...
That is why Master/Slave page turning mode is sent from heaven. If we have a strict setlist players do not need to touch tablet at all (how fitting in Covid times) and can concentrate only on our performance.
The only they need to know is top right tap to go back to library to choose their choice of music if not in strict setlist mode.

That is why the first thing I have changed in MSPro settings was to move floating toolbar from the bottom right corner to top right corner to avoid its activation and accidental performance mode deactivation.
Because I think most of the people would turn the book/magazine page at the bottom right corner.

In our case the only time person can frantically tap the screen several times is when someone lost Master/Slave connection and is trying to find the right page very quickly.
So if some message would show up every time saying to enable "Overlay Mode" please have a tick box saying not to show it again so I can disable it.

To help new users of MS like Witalij if I would be at Mike's place I would create short tutorial (4-8 screenshots) which everybody would need to click/go through after installing (using MS for the first time). This could be triggered again later on from the settings if user wishes so. A picture is worth a thousand words. Many apps have that.
That is why this amazing forum/app should have video/picture tutorials section too. I am not saying Mike should create them. Users will do.
It would help the sales too. Photoshop, Lightroom, ProTools are complex apps to master but with YouTube tutorials one can learn very fast.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Touching center of screen doesn't bring up menu bar - by otnt - 10-13-2020, 09:37 PM