• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Import Improvements: Performance + Tag Preview
Hello Julian,

The main reason files are downloaded and not ignored just based on their name and the output path is because the file may be a different version from the one already in MobileSheetsPro. Many users upload new versions of files and then batch import the same directory to pull in the new versions of files (hence the checkbox that updates existing files when matches are found). If I don't download the data for the file to perform a hash on it to determine whether or not it matches the existing file on the device, I wouldn't be able to support that workflow of updating existing songs. If you would still like me to add an option that does not perform the hash on each file to determine if it's different, and ignore files based solely on name and output path, I can certainly do that, but it basically limits the functionality to only importing new files to create new songs.

As for your second request, I can't really provide a preview of every folder that might be encountered, becuase it's recursive in nature. I could provide a preview of just the top level, but most users import a root folder, and the metadata is populated by subdirectories. If you want the preview to show the metadata that will be used for every subdirectory (by having a scrollable text box in a dialog), I could look into supporting that. It would just take quite awhile to scroll through, and if there are a lot of folders with long paths, it could be very tedious to review in that format.

Sorry it took me a bit to respond to this - I've just been trying to finish the new annotations design and work with the beta testers.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batch Import Improvements: Performance + Tag Preview - by Zubersoft - 10-21-2020, 04:59 PM