• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookmarks at any position in the score
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have to admit, the use of MobileSheets for me is maybe not standard, because there are not many instruments, where the feet also need to play besides both hands :-), meaning that there are normally only very rare moments during playing, where you can scroll up your score (I intentionally do not call it 'turn pages') - and one needs to carfully select the moments (i.e. the position in the score) where one can press the button or touch the screen.

But first to your questions:
1: Yes I'm using the vertical scrolling display mode, because this comes nearest to my idea that in digital score readers, one should try to detach from physical score pages if possible, because in this way you have not the hard cuts when turning pages (you can do overlapping page turns or 'scrolls').

2: Your are right, I also can use link points for my way of scrolling through the music (which is done mainly by pressing the foot switch of a bluetooth pedal).
The good thing about using the link points is that I am not urged to create one pdf page per score line (as you see in the screenshots), instead I can use the entire original scan pages and place multiple link points per page and jump from link point to link point by pressing the foot switch.
The problem with this technique (using link points) is that they are more difficult to handle than bookmarks, because if one does a mistake with setting one of them, one has to delete the whole pair, then add a new pair and move both points to the right position again. The biggest issue, which I have with them is that when activating the next link point, it is scrolled near to the top of the screen (as you also noted) but not exactly to the top, so you have somehow to take this gap into account when placing the points - and if the placement was not good (e.g. because the score line might be cropped beyond the top border of the screen), you need to do the removal and re-adding maneuver.

3: Yes, currently I do not have repeats in the score but that might come in the future, when I scan pieces containing repeats.

For me, the application work fine when I just use one pdf page per score-line and then use bookmarks for stepping through the piece of music (together with drawn markings (the blue dots in the screenshots), to indicate where I have to press the footswitch). But the problem is that I need quite some time to prepare a scan in this way by currently using Adobe Scan, because this App is also not optimized for this.
And an other (yet small) shortcoming are the black gaps between pdf-pages (see screenshots in previous post), which are a little too wide for me (i.e waste of precious space of the small tablet screen).

But for sure I also will try the trick with automatic scrolling as you mentioned.

What I like about the idea of the proposed "Marks" (described in the previous mail) is that they actually would behave like bookmarks (sequentially) but you can precisely place them anywhere in the score and you only need to press the pedal switch once, to jump to the next mark (the same as with bookmarks) - of course it would be good to have them somehow editable, in case of misplacement.

Thanks again and Best Regards,
Ameiossi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bookmarks at any position in the score - by Ameiossi - 12-16-2020, 06:18 AM