• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookmarks at any position in the score
Hi Mike G.,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried the "Half Page display mode" and it would be indeed at good alternative to my current way of organizing "page turns".

And it is right, that it would be very helpful, to define the position of the black bar (i.e. where the page is split). The reason is that in organ music normally there are three staves to play (right hand, left hand and peal), so sometimes on one physical page of music there is only enough space for three "grand staffs" (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staff_(music)), that means, if this page is split in the middle, it is split exactly across the middle "grand staff", which therefore cannot be played anymore. But also if there is an even number of grand staffs, mostly one of them is partly cut and therefore cannot be read very well  anymore.

However, I think currently it is not possible to set the split point (at least I did not find this option) and it would be necessary to set this split position per page.

But as I mentioned, I'm currently happy to organize the page scrolling or turning using the bookmarks. The only disadvantage is the need to create those many pdf pages (one per grand staff), which can be easily more than 20 to 30 in a long piece of music.
But still the time needed to prepare such a scan is still a small fraction compared to the time, which is needed to practice it. So I actually have no problems with it.
It even prevents me to jump from song to song (due to IMSLP) and only playing at sight instead of really studying a piece.

I think that's the good thing about MobileSheets: It has so many options, that nearly everybody can find a way, which is suited best to his needs.

Best Regards, Ameiossi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bookmarks at any position in the score - by Ameiossi - 12-18-2020, 07:55 AM