• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
(01-02-2021, 12:43 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Disabling touch input completely is only something that can be done on the e-ink tablet, as it's done through the Onyx library, which is commanding their unique firmware to reject finger input. Is there a reason you don't want to enable touch input on your e-ink device? It should operate just like your Samsung device in that mode which it sounds like you are fine with.

Ok, that explains it!  I thought that the two tablets touch behavior was supposed to be identical so I was going crazy ... 
The only reason for keeping the touch disabled is to avoid having accidental screen shifts while writing notes or using other annot tools where it's easy to touch the screen with the edge of the palm.  Then with the pan tool one can quickly use it to pan/zoom and keep annotating in the zoomed area with fingers. But it looks like it's not possible to do it with the e-ink tablet without enabling touch.

A couple of ideas to solve that:

1.- Store the current touch setting in a variable, set it to 'on' while the pan tool is selected and restore it to whatever state was previously stored in the variable when exiting the tool?  That would allow to zoom/pan with touch while annotating (similar to the Samsung)

2.- I'm not particularly attached to using touch to pan/zoom. I'm perfectly happy with using the stylus, the problem is that although I can pan with the stylus there's no way to zoom, and pan doesn't make sense unless I'm zoomed in first. So I guess the other alternative could be to either have a separate zoom tool like you suggested at some point or maybe add a behavior to the already existing pan tool whereby a single tap on the screen with the stylus zooms in a certain amount or initiates a zoom-window with long tap and then a double tap on the tool icon restores the 100% zoom?  So the existing tool would be sufficient to do both pan AND zoom and the touch setting could remain off.
The 2 finger and 3 finger touch functions wouldn't be available but that's ok, unless they could be replaced by double or triple stylus tap but I'm also ok without them.

Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released - by palosanto - 01-02-2021, 01:38 PM