• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
Yes, I do mean the edit bar.  Anchoring it near the selection icon in the toolbar would be fine for my purposes -- all I really want is to have it completely out of the way of the area where I plan to move the annotation.  I understand why you chose the existing method, because it seems natural to have the bar appear near the selected annotation; it's just my bad luck that more than 90% of the time, the direction I want to move the (newly created and) selected annotation happens to be straight down.  As for your side note suggestion, yes, that would work, but you're right that it would be tedious.  I'd greatly prefer to have the bar pop up far from the selected annotation, which I agree is preferable to making it movable; I'd have suggested that myself if I'd thought of it.

Thanks for explaining why there's no easy way to support both the old and new approaches.  Perhaps my problem could be solved a different way, by adding a change size tool (perhaps as a new icon on the edit bar?), which would pop up a pair of buttons to increment or decrement the size of the selected annotation.  Would that be a reasonable thing to do?

Finally, I'm not sure I fully understand the difficulty of abandoning changes, but in any case an "undo all changes" option would be just as helpful.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released - by smw - 01-23-2021, 12:35 PM