• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
(01-23-2021, 04:48 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't support both ways of working though - if modifying the stamp tool size changes the one you just created, then there is no way to create a stamp, and then create another stamp with a different size, as changing the stamp tool size will change the size of the one you just created. It would basically require that every user place their stamps at the wrong size before modifying the tool to make it the right size, which seems backward. Whether I have a separate size popup to control this or you just used the stamp window size slider, the effect would be the same, because based on what you said, you want to be able to adjust the size for the stamp you just created, but also stamps placed after that. That's why I was suggesting a temporary popup to adjust the size after the stamp is created - you dial in the size and then you can continue with creating the next stamp, whose size you can adjust after it is created as well.

I see your point.  I think my opinion is, or perhaps I should now say was, coloured by the experience of having different stamp types be such different sizes.  As you said below, using fonts instead of individual images really changes the way this works, so I hereby withdraw this part of what I was asking for.

(01-23-2021, 04:48 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Perhaps one thing I could do to improve this is make the preview area and the settings area at the bottom something you could expand/collapse if it's necessary to get access to those in the floating window.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

(01-23-2021, 04:48 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I should add that with the new stamp implementation, due to the fact that it's now based on a font, and not just images, if you select a size for a stamp, all of the other stamps from that category should be sized in a similar fashion, as it's just adjusting the font size. If you are placing sharps, flats, etc, the size should be consistent and reliable for what you would want to use across the entire page. So it's more likely that once you find the right size for a stamp, the other stamps should be the correct size too.

This new implementation is a major improvement.  I just spent a bit more time playing with stamps, and I agree that there will be much less need to adjust font sizes going forward.  Thank you so much for getting that done!

Having said that, there's one point I forgot to mention before:  when a stamp is selected, the resize handles around it obscure the stamp itself, making the stamp difficult to see while it's being moved. Like the edit bar, the handles disappear while the nudge tool is being used, but reappear immediately afterward. The only way to be certain of what the stamp looks like after a move is to deselect it, and, if it's not in the right place, repeat as necessary.  In 2.x, I believe there was a selection rectangle around the stamp, but without handles; could we go back to that, perhaps as an option?

On a different topic, while playing around just now I noticed a peculiarity with undo.  Consider this sequence:
   1) Place a stamp.
   2) Delete the stamp.
   3) Place a highlight.
   4) Press the undo button.

What I'd expect to happen is for the highlight to disappear.  What actually happens is that the highlight disappears, but the stamp reappears.  I don't know whether this is the intended behaviour or a bug, but it seems to be undoing two actions at once.  ...except that pressing undo again doesn't remove the stamp.  I don't understand that part at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released - by smw - 01-23-2021, 05:27 PM