• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pen annotation problems with 3.0.0 release
(01-22-2021, 04:49 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Harry777 - Are you zooming in while in the annotations mode and then writing immediately and experiencing that problem? Or are you zooming in outside the annotation mode, entering the annotation mode with the stylus and trying to write immediately? I am looking into ways to potentially improve the application performance while zoomed in.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I tested both zooming in and going into annotation mode automatically with the pen to write, and also putting the pen up to annotate, then zooming, then writing.

It seems like the pen tool was a little more responsive when putting the pen up, then zooming, then writing. Zooming first and then using the Surface pen to automatically enter annotation mode to write led to more delay when writing. The thing is, I find zooming first and then annotating is more intuitive for me. Also, I just realized the lag gets a lot worse the more I zoom in, regardless of when I entered annotation mode.

I'd be happy to take a screen recording of this and narrating it, if you'd like. I imagine some of this doesn't make a ton of sense over text.

Thanks for being so accommodating and patient, I imagine it must be frustrating playing whack-a-mole with these bugs.

-Harry
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pen annotation problems with 3.0.0 release - by Harry777 - 01-23-2021, 05:31 AM