• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Load Song in MSP (Windows 10) from External Source
Mike,

Well, I got it to work, but I'm certain it's not correct.

Note: Cantabile is on the "1" Numbering System (why I asked the other day if it were an option in MS to select "0" or "1" Numbering System. I've been using "1" for years to match the Library numbers with the Program numbers. I had to use Controller changes because neither Program Change nor Program Change/Banked work for me.

I send (from Cantabile) a Control Change "0.0" for the first song in MS (Song ID #1) to MS on MIDI Channel 13. The MIDI Monitor in MS reflects those numbers. I check the box, select the "+" sign and save the created "Batch" file. Then, I have to go back to Cantabile and change the MIDI Channel to 14 (sending Control 0.0, Channel 13 to MS).

So, from what I'm seeing, MS MIDI Monitor shows Control 0.1 on MIDI Channel 13. The numbers that bring up the correct song are Control 0.0 on MIDI Channel 13, I have to send Control 0.0, MIDI Channel 14 from Cantabile to MS to load the correct song. It looks like MS is reporting correctly what Cantabile is sending, but I need to change the MIDI channel in order for MS to respond with the correct song.

Bottom line: I need to send "Control Change 0.1 on Channel 14" to load a song that has "Control 0.0 on Channel 13" on its MIDI Info Form in MS.

I think I'll go read for awhile.  Confused 

Doug

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Load Song in MSP (Windows 10) from External Source - by dhsherbert - 02-04-2021, 12:51 PM