• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Load Song in MSP (Windows 10) from External Source
Mike,

I stated that at the onset (Host on "1" numbering system & MS on "0").  Wink

I, assume (bad, I know), that you built the MIDI Page "Signal" icon as a "learn" process and the MIDI Receive on that song should trigger it to load, Correct?

So, from the Host, I send Control 0.0 on Channel 13 (I'm using Ch. 14 to trigger a Song Load on the Host, so I don't want to use Ch. 14 for this process).
MS sees Control 0.0 Channel 13  in the "Learn" window.
I select (check) that message, click "+", and save. (When I edit the Batch Message, it shows Control 0.0 and Channel 13).
If I then send the same message from the Host (Control 0.0, Ch. 13), the song does not load in MS.
If Iand  change to Ch. 14 in the Host (keeping the Control 0.0) and the song will load in MS.

I still can not use Patch, Program or Program (Banked) from the Host to load a song in MS. It somehow goes into a loop and the Host will become unresponsive and MS will usually shut down.

I have verified what I am sending from the Host with a MIDI Monitor there, MIDI OX in Mid-stream and the Learn Process in MS the MIDI Data is the same at all points.

End result: MS sees what the Host is sending (in "Learn") as Control 0.0 on Ch. 13. I have to send the Data from the Host on Ch. 14 to load a song in MS.

I guess I'll have to keep a "Sticky Note" close by when I program all of my songs to be triggered from my Host.

BTW - I do this same process into my Roland "Integra-7" (sound module) and it will load a sound patch exactly as the Host has sent it.

Thanks for responding,

Doug

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Load Song in MSP (Windows 10) from External Source - by dhsherbert - 02-05-2021, 01:23 AM