• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard hides text annotation during editing
To see if I could see what you are experiencing, I've just tried editing for the first time since upgrading to 3.0.8,
Had the same affect as you - press for text in lower portion of screen obscured the area I wanted to annotate. Typed text in anyway and it appeared somewhere up the page. Pressing the back arrow on the tablet (not MSP) removed the keyboard and the added text displayed where I thought it should be.

Tried a few more times (including different songs). Could not reproduce - starting to annotate text where the keyboard would display resulted in the page scrolling up so that you could see where it is going.
Played around a bit more. Managed to get a similar occurrence where page didn't scroll up but not sure exactly what I did.
(Note during this, I was only using the text tool, the selector (in several places) and the tablet back button.
My guess is that the annotations are being displayed (as they are entered) in the area of the screen that they would have been in had the page been scrolled to accommodate the keyboard. When the keyboard is removed, MSP is displaying them at the correct place in the doc. I also think that once the page is scrolled up, it always scrolls as it should i.e. you need to change songs to experience non-scrolling again. This is a intermittent; it doesn't appear on every song (I'm only using pdfs)

Not quite sure why it doesn't always scroll up, but, by fiddling/experimenting, you can probably get it to do what you want/expect while waiting for Mike to investigate/clarify/fix

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keyboard hides text annotation during editing - by Geoff Bacon - 02-27-2021, 02:44 AM