• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instrument fingering schemes on the score
I do not currently support custom fonts for inserting stamps/notes. This is something I'm going to consider adding in the future, but the tricky part is that I will have to dynamically figure out what characters are valid in the font and show these to the user in a grid so they can pick from the available characters in the font. If it's a unicode font, it can support a massive amount of characters, so having the ability to limit it to only a range of valid characters is essential (I don't know how feasible that is). The other way to handle this is to require the user to enter the characters they want to use for the font, but this can become incredibly complex and/or tedious depending on the font (i.e. having to enter codes like U+0080 or extended ASCII character codes). 

A workaround is take your font and either extract some of the characters as an image or as a vector graphics file. For example, you could use Inkscape, insert a character/symbol from your font and then save that as a .svg file. Then rinse and repeat for each character, and you'll have a series of .svg files you can import into MobileSheets. 

I'm also considering adding support for custom fonts when entering text in the future, but this will present a new list of challenges. When entering text from a music font like the one you've listed, it may not be possible to just type in the character you need, so I'm not sure that will work very well as a text annotation.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Instrument fingering schemes on the score - by Zubersoft - 03-16-2021, 08:52 AM