• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timestamps for synchronized viewing
Mike

I seem to remember someone else requesting a similar thing but it wasn't directly targeted at ChordPro files (probably at pdfs)

I think they suggested that one played the song in real time and then marked the pdf to show how long each section took; MSP would then automatically adjusted the scrolling as the song progressed. Ideally, for those with touch screens, one would like to press a button on the screen to "remember" the times and then have someway of placing them in the pdf (saves having a timing device) but I suppose a user could use a stopwatch, write the times down and then modify the pdf.

By definition, scrolling implies that there is more than one page. Once MSP has decided on a scroll speed, it should maintain that until it reaches another mark. While jumping to a different page is probably best avoided, it could be supported provided the user placed a mark at the jump target (and probably one immediately before the jump).
ChordPro is probably easier in that one shouldn't need to jump back.

I'm not saying you should implement any of this; just bear it in mind should you provide a similar mechanism for chordpro files.

Keep up the good work

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Timestamps for synchronized viewing - by sciurius - 03-17-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: Timestamps for synchronized viewing - by Geoff Bacon - 03-20-2021, 06:51 PM