• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of small bugs and a feature request
I use MSP on four Onyx Boox Max 3 tablets for gigs with a string quartet. When I add new pieces I put them on one tablet into four different libraries (one for each instrument). I then update the four libraries on the other three tablets using the sync function over bluetooth. That means 12 syncs each time but it's fast so not a huge problem. Since the v3 update I've been getting a bug where 2 or 3 times out of the 12 a sync will fail and it says that the database type was wrong (it was expecting type 57 but got type 0). Usually if I just try the sync again it works but sometimes I have to re-start the app. I'm using version 3.0.10 in the eInk build.

I also had a glitch at a gig last night where we'd taken a break for an hour and I'd left the tablets on and connected by bluetooth. When we started playing again one of the tablets kept disconnecting and re-connecting from the master tablet every few seconds. I turned off the BT connection for that tablet and it's fine again now and I haven't tried to replicate it - just hadn't seen it before and thought it might be worth mentioning.

Feature request. For each of the tablets I've changed the bluetooth device name so that they each have a unique name. When they're connecting via the master/servant feature (sorry, have forgotten what that feature is called now) I can see the unique name of the master tablet on the servant tablets but on the master tablet where it lists the connected devices it just has the model name for each of the servant tablets (Onyx Max). It would be great if that list gave the unique names so that if one tablet isn't connected I know which one it is.

Otherwise the app is still working really well for me. I tell the other local gigging musos about it. They're mostly ipad users and a lot of them use forscore but would like to have the MSP functionality - from what they say I don't think forscore has an equivalent to the master/servant function among others. Looking forward to being able to tell them the iOS version is ready. Also very much looking forward to the versioning update - hope that's still in the works. Guy

Messages In This Thread
Couple of small bugs and a feature request - by Oz Cello - 03-25-2021, 05:46 PM