• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with PDF bookmarks when swapping files
I am having an issue with bookmarks disappearing in Mobile Sheets when a pdf is swapped with a replacement file where a bookmarked page is replaced with another page.

If I load a pdf with bookmarks, all the bookmarks appear, as they should.  The issue arises when I edit the file (with a pdf editor), replacing a bookmarked page and resetting the bookmark destination to the new page.  The bookmark for the page at was replaced does not appear in Mobile Sheets, even though a pdf viewer shows that bookmark.

These are the workarounds that I have tried -
1.  Using a different filename for the new pdf.
2.  Deleting all of the bookmarks and reentering them in a pdf with the same file name.
3.  Deleting all of the bookmarks and creating a new pdf with a different file name.
4.  Deleting the original song title and pdf, then importing the new pdf with the same title.
5.  Importing the new pdf with a different filename (with no relationship to the old filename) and different title.

I do like the functionality of Mobile Sheets (as far as I am using it), with the exception of how it is currently handling edited pdfs and bookmarks.

Jeff Chan

Messages In This Thread
Issue with PDF bookmarks when swapping files - by reedmanjeff - 03-30-2021, 04:48 AM