• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Scroll and Aspect Ratio
Hi Mike - long time no complain to ;-)

You may remember a few years back I was seeking help with continuous scrolling for a set time per song?

Well, I have finally updated my monitor from a very old 4x3 Sony (one of the very early flat screens) set sideways to give a Portrait mode.

I now have a nice 16x9 screen, but I am having trouble with timing with the wider screen on songs where I have cropped sections where the music repeats, and this leads to some short segments that scrolled beautifully in 3x4 (portrait) on the old monitor, but are a problem on a 16x9 monitor.

I guess the reason is that some of the cropped pages have a short height and so tend to be widened on the screen - the fit height setting is the only one which really looks nice in my case. The short sections also act as if they are full full length pages in the 2 page mode, which means I might only get a single bar line on when that page is displayed - which I guess is by design....

It appears that the scrolling speed is constant, which is good, but with some section of the music "wider" and enlarged with a "greater" spacing between bars than a full A4 size. However, they scroll at the same speed as a full page, which of course throws out the scrolling.

Have a missed something in the cropping section? Is there a way to maintain the same width regardless of how much height is cropped off?

I did see something about maintaining aspect rations in another post. If that was an option in the cropping section, that might solve my issues.

Or do you have another solution that I have missed entirely.

Cheers
John - from Sunny Carnarvon, Western Australia

Messages In This Thread
Auto Scroll and Aspect Ratio - by JBlyth - 04-05-2021, 07:42 PM
RE: Auto Scroll and Aspect Ratio - by Zubersoft - 04-06-2021, 05:28 AM
RE: Auto Scroll and Aspect Ratio - by JBlyth - 04-06-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Auto Scroll and Aspect Ratio - by Zubersoft - 04-06-2021, 12:16 PM
RE: Auto Scroll and Aspect Ratio - by JBlyth - 04-06-2021, 02:50 PM
RE: Auto Scroll and Aspect Ratio - by Zubersoft - 04-07-2021, 01:58 AM
RE: Auto Scroll and Aspect Ratio - by JBlyth - 04-08-2021, 06:04 PM