• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save&Restore Database from broken Windows 10
Hi Mike and Community,
it seems my Surface pro 4 is finally approaching the end of its life cycle: After the battery being completely unreliable for some weeks (works from 15min to some hours, depending on its mood), it now panics regularly, sometimes it won't even start up completely. Safe mode boot seems to work though, so I can access all my data. I'll give it one last try and give it a fresh start with new Windows installation... but I'll want to have some things back, and the MSP database is one important part of these, so I want to save & restore everything about it.

MSP does not seem to work in safe mode (it complains to be unregistered, even with internet access, and just quits; probably because Windows Store Login is not working), so I cannot go the normal way of creating/restoring a backup file (like explained e.g. here).
I have my files synced via cloud service (using Seafile), so that's not the problem, but my database with all the annotations, links, metadata etc. is not stored there, correct? I saved the whole folder of
Code:
Users\[MyUser]\Appdata\Local\Packages\41730MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr
  1. Is there anything else I should save?
  2. If not, I'd just go on, clean my disk, reinstall Windows, reinstall MobileSheets from the Windows Store, put my files in place, and finally replace the folder above with my backed up version. Should this work or is there anything else I have to keep in mind?
  3. I found there are a lot of files in the folder, including lots of audio files in the LocalCache subfolder and a "HockeyApp" in the LocalState subfolder... time for a cleanup? Which things should I copy back, which aren't needed?
Thanks for your support!

Messages In This Thread
Save&Restore Database from broken Windows 10 - by Waldbaer - 04-08-2021, 11:08 PM