• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove unused audio files from the MobileSheets subdir structure
(06-08-2021, 05:46 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Andreas,

Removing a file using the song editor in MobileSheets will not delete the file that has been removed. There isn't currently an option in the song editor to permanently delete a file and remove it from the song at the same time. So it's perfectly safe for you to delete the file after removing it from your song. If a song is deleted from the library, the files will be cleaned up. I just haven't added similar functionality to the song editor when removing an individual file as it's hard to know the user's intent. They may not want the file deleted if removing it. So I need to make this something that can optionally be triggered.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the clarification.

I see the problem. Especially when the user decided to use his own storage structure, he would probably dislike if you mess around with "his" files.

Easiest way would probably be to add a checkmark to the song editor, like "also remove the file", so it's up to the user to decide.
Default to "yes" when MS is handling the file structure, default to "no" when the user provides his own file structure.
Maybe something for the whish-list of new features?

Thanks for the super product and your support of it!

Best Regards
Andreas
---------------------------------
MS Surface Pro7, Win10;  Samsung 10" tablet, Android;   MouKey foot pedal

Messages In This Thread
RE: remove unused audio files from the MobileSheets subdir structure - by a.mik - 06-08-2021, 06:55 PM