• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution to general sluggishness?
There doesn't appear to be any way for me to have the application change the display scaling or resolution in Microsoft's framework. Even if I lowered the resolution of the images that are generated and used (and then forced them to stretch to fill the space, making them more blurry), that still wouldn't fix the issue as I'm sure you are encountering limitations with the Win2d/DirectX rendering just not being able to keep up. While a Surface Book 3 has a fast processor, the ability at which it can render large images in DirectX depends more on the graphics card/chip in the device. Looking at the specifications, there are three configurations for a Surface Book 3:

Intel® Core™ i5-1035G7 models: Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics
Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 models: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design w/4GB GDDR5 graphics memory

Surface Book 3 15”
Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 models: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design w/6GB GDDR6 graphics memory

Did you get yours with either of the GeForce discrete graphics cards? If not, that might explain why the graphics processing can't keep up (that and the processor is an i5 instead of an i7). If you did get a discrete graphics card, and it can't keep up with zooming/panning, that's really concerning. Let me know if that is the case.

My Surface Pro 4 has 16GB of ram and a Core i7 processor at 2736 x 1824 resolution with the equivalent of the Iris Plus Graphics shown above (which isn't too powerful). I don't seem to have major performance issues while zooming and panning, especially if I'm not fully zoomed in. How sluggish is the performance on your device? While the resolution of my Surface Pro 4 is certainly less, and the screen is slightly smaller, your Surface Book 3 has better/faster hardware, so the difference shouldn't be that significant. Perhaps I need to see a video of your device with the latest version to understand the level of performance you are getting.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Solution to general sluggishness? - by Harry777 - 06-30-2021, 04:15 AM
RE: Solution to general sluggishness? - by Zubersoft - 06-30-2021, 05:04 AM