• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution to general sluggishness?
I've looked into this some more, and there is something that I can take advantage of - there is a DPI scaling setting in the rendering component that I use to render pages. This means that I could provide an option to render images at 100%, 75%, 50%, or 25% of the normal resolution, for example, which would speed up the drawing significantly. This is the same you changing the resolution of the screen I believe. In order to support this, I would need to go through all of my code and update it to correctly handle scaling everything based on what the user selects (because annotations would need to scale up or down differently depending on that setting as well). So I do think it's possible for me to improve the performance dramatically on your device, but it's going to require some significant changes, and a lot of testing would need to be done to ensure bugs aren't introduced, because it will impact a huge amount of functionality including:

1) Annotations
2) Link Points
3) Smart Buttons
4) Hyperlinks in PDF
5) Layout calculations
6) PDF, Image and text/chord pro bitmap processing

I don't think this is something I can tackle right now though - finishing the iOS version is my highest priority at the moment. So it would be best if we can find a different workaround in the meantime, but eventually add these settings so you could drop the image resolution by 25 or 50% to make things run smoothly.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Solution to general sluggishness? - by Harry777 - 06-30-2021, 04:15 AM
RE: Solution to general sluggishness? - by Zubersoft - 06-30-2021, 03:41 PM