• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clock Display Settings
When I added support for classical terminology, I accomplished this without major changes by using a "hack" of sorts where I use the language resources for Zulu instead of English (but the Zulu resources are just the English files with "Song" replaced by "Piece"). Unfortunately, several things in the Android framework rely on the current locale, and one of those was the clock. This caused the clock to show up incorrectly on some devices when "Use Classical Terminology" was in use. So I had to copy all the framework code for the clock and modify it to use the English locale when the Zulu locale was the current locale. The code that I copied is supposed to detect when to use the 24-hour clock. It calls into java.text.DateFormat.getTimeInstance to see what the preferred format is for time. I'm not sure why this is now returning a 12-hour format for you when the previous code is returning 24-hour format. There must be something I'm missing. I think what I'll probably have to do is add an explicit setting for this in the clock settings so you can control whether 12 or 24 hour format is used. 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Clock Display Settings - by sciurius - 08-09-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: Clock Display Settings - by Zubersoft - 08-10-2021, 08:15 AM
RE: Clock Display Settings - by sciurius - 08-10-2021, 07:02 PM
RE: Clock Display Settings - by sciurius - 09-17-2021, 05:46 PM
RE: Clock Display Settings - by Zubersoft - 09-18-2021, 09:00 AM