• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloud backup/sync questions
Mike,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was wrong about DropBox, the other apps I have granted access to have created their own folder, not a folder I created.

For my use of MSP I only want a place to backup (or sync) my files so that if my Chromebook dies I can restore my data.  Therefore I don't care who creates the folder on DropBox.  Ideally, I would like an automatic sync between my Chromebook and DropBox.

That leads me to another related question.

I installed the DropBox app on my Chromebook and then created a folder to store the MSP data.  I set the "Make Available Offline" option for that folder in DropBox.  My experience with a folder set up like that is that any changes on DropBox or the Chromebook are automatically synchronized.  Next I tried to manually set the Storage Location option of MSP to the DropBox folder I created.

For some reason the folder picker in MSP doesn't show the Dropbox folders anywhere that I can find.  I can clearly see my DropBox folders in the Chromebook file explorer, but not in the MSP file explorer.  Do you have any thoughts on that ?

Finally, I understand your explanation of the Google Drive contacts permissions, thank you for giving me the details.

Best,

-Steve

Messages In This Thread
Cloud backup/sync questions - by SteveB - 08-11-2021, 11:23 PM
RE: Cloud backup/sync questions - by Zubersoft - 08-12-2021, 02:45 AM
RE: Cloud backup/sync questions - by SteveB - 08-12-2021, 03:04 AM
RE: Cloud backup/sync questions - by Zubersoft - 08-12-2021, 06:04 AM