• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloud backup/sync questions
Steve,

ChromeOS has some interesting stuff going on with the file management, especially when dealing with the "My Files" segment of the storage. This part of the storage is separated from the rest and shows up as a separate volume. If you tap the SD card icon in the top of the file browser, you will see a list of storage locations pop up. On a Chromebook, you will see "My Files". Tap that and see if your Dropbox folder shows up in there. If it does, that is a problem, because Android applications are not given write permissions for the "My Files" part of the storage. So you can't specify that as the storage location for MobileSheetsPro. However, if you can specify a folder in the standard internal storage as the folder to use for Dropbox, then that should show up in MobileSheetsPro just fine (meaning something like /storage/emulated/0/Dropbox, for example). If you want to manage your own files/folders, then you can go to Settings->Storage, uncheck "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files", and then you can just import your files from any location you want, including "My Files". MobileSheetsPro will just use the files from the original location. Just make sure you always import files locally, because if you import from the cloud, the files will still be copied to the storage location so that they are available for offline use. 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Cloud backup/sync questions - by SteveB - 08-11-2021, 11:23 PM
RE: Cloud backup/sync questions - by Zubersoft - 08-12-2021, 02:45 AM
RE: Cloud backup/sync questions - by SteveB - 08-12-2021, 03:04 AM
RE: Cloud backup/sync questions - by Zubersoft - 08-12-2021, 06:04 AM