• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Android] Support for Androids new camera gesture control
Shocked 
As can be read here, Android 11 and 12 start to support so called Camera Switches (gesture controls using the front camera of your smartphone or tablet). I already tried this functionality by installing the beta APK on my Oppo Reno 10x Zoom (Android 11), and it works wonderfully! It opens up great possibilities for MobileSheets: I can now move to the next page of a song by raising my eyebrows or by opening my mouth. The camera detects this extremely well (and you can even tweak the threshold settings to make it even better).

The big advantage of this method is that we don't need a touch screen or bluetooth device anymore. We could just connect our regular Android smartphone (which only needs to support DP alt mode) to a nice anti-glare external display, like a 17.3 inch portable monitor (using just one USB-C cable) or a cheap ~100-dollar 24 inch monitor (separately powered by a PD power bank).

There's still one catch though: the Camera Switches can be tied to one of several Android actions, but only one of those actions is compatible with MobileSheets pedal actions, namely the 'Back' action. At least one of the other actions (like 'Next' or 'Previous') should be able to work as a pedal trigger as well... Could you please make this happen, Mike?

[Image: Camera-Switches-Open-Mouth-Action-498x1024.jpg][Image: Camera-Switches-Raise-Eyebrow-action-498x1024.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
[Android] Support for Androids new camera gesture control - by Zwart - 08-18-2021, 08:12 AM