• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First stroke upon entering annotation mode often disappears when exiting
The layer visibility is turned off for that page. Bring up the layers window, tap the eye icon for the layer and all of the annotations will show up. There are a ton of annotations on the page (most likely due to you not knowing they were actually being created). I'm not sure what approach I should use to let users know they are drawing annotations into a layer that is not visible. Perhaps I should not allow the annotation to be created at all if the layer visibility is turned off, or I could pop up a message like the one that is shown if you try to draw with your fingers while stylus mode is active. Or should I flip the visibility on automatically if a user tries to create an annotation and the layer is not visible? I would appreciate some feedback if anyone has an opinion on this. One other option that comes to mind is flipping the visibility on while placing the annotation, and then hiding everything again when the finger or stylus is lifted. I just worry that this would not be intuitive to users. A message at least makes it clear what is going on, and why the annotation disappears.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: First stroke upon entering annotation mode often disappears when exiting - by Zubersoft - 11-23-2021, 09:16 AM